Total Pageviews

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Review - Darling Girl Cosmetics Pout Perfect Lip Primer


House Keeping – all products below have been purchased with my own money and I am not in any way shape or form getting paid for this review. All opinions are my own!!!

Please Click on the photos to see an enlarged picture =)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~{@
 
NOTE - This is the first time i have EVER done lip swatches so be kind =)
 
Hey all so here is yet another product review =p this time I am reviewing the Darling Girl Cosmetic Lip Primer called the Pout Perfect Lip Primer.

Official DGC description - Try Darling Girl Cosmetics Pout Perfect for pout perfection! The easy-glide formula feels velvety-soft will fill in lines, build up the contour of your lips while helping lipstick stay put longer and resist fading and feathering.
 
*Note this is a fairly soft formula and for some reason it doesn't like to twist back down into the tube so don't twist it up too much.
 
Ingrededients: Cyclomethicone, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Ozokerite Wax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Microcrystalline Wax and Mentha piperita (Peppermint) Oil
 
 


 
 
This product comes packaged in a twist up lipstick tube with a cute (not waterproof) label. The product looks white in colour but as you can see in the picture below it applies clear.

 

The sizing of the tube is quite reasonable you get 0.07 oz for $5.75 USD. As mentioned on the DGC web page this product if you twist it up to far it doesn’t wind down easily I found placing it in the freezer worked best for winding down SLIGHTLY. However this issue IS addressed on the DGC webpage which I mentioned earlier.


The lip primer applies smoothly and has a hydrating feel about it, I don’t get any ‘tingling’ from the peppermint or any unpleasant or overbearing scent. I tested this primer against OCC Lip Tar in NSFW which is a shade NOTORIOUS on me to feather below are the before and after photos




 

the last two photos were taken after I went out for lunch so not bad =) and as you can see NO signs of feathering =) over all i am very impressed


Xoxo
C
~~~~~~~~~~~~~{@

 

Where To By – Darling Girl Cosmetics

Multi-media links - Darling Girl Cosmetics Facebook

 
Credit Rating!

Product: 7/10

Pigmentation: 7/10

Texture: 9/10

Longevity: 8/10

Application: 7/10

Packaging: 6/10

Final thoughts: for a Indy lip primer this is fantastic one of the BEST I have tried it definitely helped with my feathering issue and helped my lip tar last. It is SLIGHTLY hard to work with as it is a very soft formula  (thus the lower score on packaging) a light hand works best when applying and not to overwind (like it did >_<) but I will buy again once I use up my tube =)

Overall Rating:  B+

No comments:

Post a Comment